Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Buying a House and Moving. Also known as, How to do the two most stressful things ever in the same month.

I have been the laziest of lazy people lately when it comes to this poor blog. 
Reason being is well my husband and I bought a house! Well, it's a condo but that's essentially the same thing.

On our way home from Virginia my husband and I were talking very seriously about moving. I was trying to pack up some of my friends and move to Virginia beach and get a new apartment and become a beach bum. In the back of my mind I knew that would probably never work at this point in time during our lives. I was nice to dream. 
Now fast forward about two weeks and I get a message from my real estate agent sister telling me she found us the perfect place. Now in the past when we were looking at houses we figured out for the most part what we wanted. Something closer to my family, a 2 bed, 2 bath and a garage at the very least. And that is exactly what she found for us. It's in my old neighborhood from elementary school, right across the street from the football field and very close to down town the highway and anything else my town has to offer really. Not to mention the new Starbucks and panera...

Anyway it wasn't even on our minds anymore to look at houses but we decided to give it a look anyway out of curiosity. 

Well when we walked in we fell in love. It's not perfect but it had everything we wanted in a place. Next thing we know it's August 1st and we are moving into our new house! 
I mean a LOT more went into all of that.
Getting pre approved
Selling my old car
Getting the money for the down payment
Inspections 
Paper signing
Making sure the seller did what he said he would
PACKING
Etc 

It was a lot of work and SUPER stressful.
Our trip to Vegas was a few weeks before closing and while it was much needed was also stressful to make sure everything was going to get done while we were gone.

My husband and I are so happy to be where we are now, it really was the absolute best decision we made. 
While it is a lot of work (A LOT) it is so much fun to be able to work on our house together!

Many Diy blogs coming your way! 






No comments:

Post a Comment